Saturday, January 24, 2015

Counsel for Missionaries

This week I am going to be looking at 1 Thessalonians 1-2; 2 Thessalonians 1, 3

The overall message of this post is to get across that missionaries share their testimony with actions as well as words.

Here are some things that Paul did that complemented his teachings:
- he prays to God and gives thanks
- he labours with love and has patience of hope in Christ
- he allows the Holy Ghost to guide him throughout his day.
- he is humble, gentle, and honest
- he prays always for the people he teaches and prays to God that He will accept those he teaches
- he was a good example to the people and wasn't a burden

     Missionaries in the modern day can apply the same things that Paul did hundreds of years ago to be good missionaries. They can and should do all the things listed above and strive to develop all of the attributes listed above. Personally, not only missionaries on their missions should do this, but so should I and all other members and people in general. I should pray for my neighbors and I am constantly trying to develop humility and gentleness. I fail many times, but I don't lose faith in that person that I want to become. I feel that through Christ anything is possible and I can be made a stronger me.


I feel like the best way I can implement being a good missionary is by being a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment